Jan 4, 2022
Most of us, at some point, have lost valuable team members. Our
guest this week is a familiar voice, and he's going to explain the
change in mindset that's needed to hold onto the people you already
have. Join us as Steve Barkhouse shows us why valuing your people
as individuals can create freedom for them and your whole team.
Let's jump into the retention business.
Show highlights include:
- How treating your team members like your clients will help you
drown in applications (5:12)
- Why letting your teammates leave early is one of the best
retention “hacks” you never heard of (7:35)
- The “Small Investment Strategy” for your staff that makes them
jump out of bed to work for you every day (10:35)
- How something as simple as reading testimonials to your team
makes them never want to work for someone else (11:38)
- Why sharing your finaicals with your team attracts smarter and
more talented people (even if being 100% transparent seems scary)
- How a simple 15-minute “Tailgate Talk” with your team members
shows them you care about them (23:51)
- The “hidden” question to add to your employee surveys taty
makes them want to refer you to their friends and family
If you’d like to learn more about Steve and how to build a
company culture your staff loves, check out his website at https://www.amsted.ca/.
To get the most out of this podcast, or connect with Duane and
Dave, head over to https://buildernuggets.com and join our
active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.